P0118 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN - Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit High
- Low engine coolant level
- Faulty Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor
- Faulty engine coolant thermostat
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor harness is open or shorted
- Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor electrical circuit poor connection
When is the code detected?An excessively high voltage from the sensor is sent to ECM.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0118 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan DescriptionThe Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor is used to detect the engine coolant temperature. The sensor modifies a voltage signal from the Engine Control Module (ECM). The modified signal returns to the ECM as the engine coolant temperature input. The sensor uses a thermistor which is sensitive to the change in temperature. The electrical resistance of the thermistor decreases as temperature increases.
Need more help?Get the P0118 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0118 2006 NISSAN ALTIMA SEDAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0118 2006 Nissan Altima Sedan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks