P0109 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Intermittent
- Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor
- Manifold Absolute Pressure harness is open or shorted
- Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?The sensor signal to the ECM is failing intermittently.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine rough idle
- Engine hesitation
P0109 DescriptionThe Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor provides instantaneous manifold pressure information to the engine's Engine Control Module (ECM). The data is used to calculate air density and determine the engine's air mass flow rate, which in turn determines the required fuel metering for optimum combustion. A fuel-injected engine may alternately use a Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor to detect the intake airflow.
P0109 Information for specific makes
- P0109 FORD Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Sensor Intermittent
- P0109 HYUNDAI Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Intermittent
- P0109 KIA Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Performance Condition
- P0109 MAZDA Intermittent Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor Signal Detected
- P0109 MERCEDES-BENZ Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit Intermittent
Need more help?Get the P0109 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0109 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0109 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks