P0052 NISSAN - Air Fuel Ratio Sensor 1 Heater Bank 2 Control Circuit High
- Faulty Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open shorted to ground
- Air-Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?The P0052 is set when the ECM detects an excessively low voltage through the heated oxygen sensor heater circuit
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0052 Nissan DescriptionAir-Fuel Ratio (A/F)sensor need to reach a minimum operating temperature of 1200 degrees F to produce an accurate voltage signal. The faster the air-fuel ratio sensor reaches that temperature the faster the sensor will start sending an accurate signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
In order to achieve the require temperature, a heater element is included inside the air-fuel ratio sensor. The ECM controls the air-fuel ratio sensor heater element based on signals from the engine coolant temperature and engine load. The ECM controls the heater element circuit by allowing current flow to ground.
The ECM monitors the voltage signal received through the heater element circuit and determines the state of the circuit by comparing the voltage detected with the factory specifications.
P0052 Nissan Information for specific Nissan models
- P0052 2006 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0052 2007 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0052 2008 NISSAN MAXIMA
- P0052 2006 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0052 2007 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0052 2008 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0052 2009 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0052 2010 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0052 2011 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0052 2012 NISSAN PATHFINDER
- P0052 2002 NISSAN SENTRA
- P0052 2007 NISSAN SENTRA
- P0052 2008 NISSAN SENTRA
- P0052 2009 NISSAN SENTRA
- P0052 2010 NISSAN SENTRA
- P0052 2011 NISSAN SENTRA
- P0052 2012 NISSAN SENTRA
Need more help?Get the P0052 Nissan code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0052 NISSAN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0052 Nissan code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks