P0052 KIA - HO2S 21 Hater Circuit High Input
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open shorted to ground
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit fuse
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
When is the code detected?The P0052 is set when the ECM detects an excessively high voltage through the heated oxygen sensor heater circuit
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0052 Kia DescriptionOxygen Sensors (O2S) or Heated Oxygen Sensors (HO2S) need to reach a minimum operating temperature of 750 degrees F to produce an accurate voltage signal. The faster the heated oxygen sensor reaches that temperature the faster the sensor will start sending an accurate signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
In order to achieve the require temperature, a heater element is included inside the heated oxygen sensor. The ECM controls the heated oxygen sensor heater element based on signals from the engine coolant temperature and engine load. The ECM controls the heater element circuit by allowing current flow to ground.
The ECM monitors the voltage signal received through the heater element circuit and determines the state of the circuit by comparing the voltage detected with the factory specifications.
Need more help?Get the P0052 Kia code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0052 KIA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0052 Kia code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks