P0050 PONTIAC - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 2 Sensor 1 fuse
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
The code means that there is a problem with the heater element circuit of the heated oxygen sensor. Water getting inside the heated oxygen sensor connector can caused the heated oxygen sensor fuse to blow, which is a very common problem for this type codes. Before replacing the sensor, check for the condition of the heated oxygen sensor fuse and connectors.
When is the code detected?
The P0050 is set when the ECM detects an open heater control circuit when the engine is running.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0050 PONTIAC Description
Need more help?
Do you need more help with the P0050 Pontiac code? Ask a question to our users or find an automotive repair shop near you to help fix the OBDII code
P0050 PONTIAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0050 Pontiac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks