P0036 HUMMER - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 1 Sensor 2
- Faulty Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 fuse
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 harness is open or shorted
- Heated Oxygen Sensor (H2OS) Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
When is the code detected?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0036 HUMMER Description
In order to achieve the require temperature, a heater element is included inside the heated oxygen sensor. The PCM controls the heated oxygen sensor heater element based on signals from the engine coolant temperature and engine load. The PCM controls the heater element circuit by allowing current flow to ground.
The PCM monitors the voltage signal received through the heater element circuit and determines the state of the circuit by comparing the voltage detected with the factory specifications.
Need more help?
P0036 HUMMER CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0036 Hummer code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks