P0016 2008 FORD FUSION - Crankshaft Position Camshaft Position Correlation Bank 1 Sensor 'A'
- Camshaft timing incorrectly set
- Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- VCT solenoid stuck in position
- Open or short in the VCT circuit
- Open VPWR circuit
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P0016 2008 Ford Fusion DescriptionThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the variable camshaft timing (VCT) position for a misalignment between the camshaft and crankshaft. The test fails when the misalignment is 1 tooth or greater. This DTC can also be set due to VCT system concerns (oil contamination or VCT solenoid stuck).
Need more help?Get the P0016 2008 Ford Fusion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0016 2008 FORD FUSION CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0016 2008 Ford Fusion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks