P0012 2006 FORD FUSION - Variable Camshaft Timing Over Retarded Bank 1
- Low or Dirty Engine Oil
- Variable Camshaft Timing solenoid stuck open
- Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- VCT solenoid valve stuck open
- Open or short in the VCT circuit
- Open VPWR circuit
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
Tech notesDirty oil can clog the small holes in the VCT valve. Start by replacing your oil (with the recommended oil weight) and oil filter, if you have not replaced in the recommended oil change interval.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of power
- Possible Engine rough idle
P0012 2006 Ford Fusion DescriptionThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the variable camshaft timing (VCT) position for an over-advanced camshaft timing. The test fails when the camshaft timing exceeds a maximum calibrated value or remains in an retarded position.
Need more help?Get the P0012 2006 Ford Fusion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0012 2006 FORD FUSION CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0012 2006 Ford Fusion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks