P0012 2006 FORD FUSION - Variable Camshaft Timing Over Retarded Bank 1
P0012 2006 FORD FUSION Possible Causes
- Low or Dirty Engine Oil
- Variable Camshaft Timing solenoid stuck open
- Continuous oil flow to the VCT piston chamber
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the VCT valve body
- VCT solenoid valve stuck open
- Open or short in the VCT circuit
- Open VPWR circuit
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Damaged camshaft position (CMP) sensor
- Open or short in the CMP sensor circuits
- Radio frequency interference (RFI) interference
First diagnose P0012 2006 FORD FUSION code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
P0012 2006 FORD FUSION Tech NotesDirty oil can clog the small holes in the VCT valve. Start by replacing your oil (with the recommended oil weight) and oil filter, if you have not replaced in the recommended oil change interval.
Cost of diagnosing the P0012 2006 FORD FUSION code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0012 2006 FORD FUSION code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
P0012 2006 FORD FUSION Possible Symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Possible Lack/Loss of power
- Possible Engine rough idle
P0012 2006 Ford Fusion DescriptionThe powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the variable camshaft timing (VCT) position for an over-advanced camshaft timing. The test fails when the camshaft timing exceeds a maximum calibrated value or remains in an retarded position.
P0012 2006 FORD FUSION More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the P0012 2006 FORD FUSION code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the P0012 2006 Ford Fusion code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P0012 2006 FORD FUSION CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0012 2006 Ford Fusion code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks