P000A VOLKSWAGEN - 'A' Camshaft Position Slow Response Bank 1
- Erratic camshaft position due to low oil pressure
- Oil flow restriction in the oil passages or the variable camshaft timing (VCT) valve body
- Camshaft advance mechanism binding (VCT unit)
- Damaged VCT phaser
- Radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
P000a Volkswagen DescriptionThe Powertrain Control Module (PCM) monitors and evaluates the response of the actual position on a target position change. The setpoint and camshaft position are saved at the beginning of a setpoint change. If this change over time is large enough (gradient), the camshaft phasing change is evaluated. If the change after the diagnostic time is smaller than a threshold, a slow response is detected, and if the value is greater, then there is no concern. By detecting a concern, an antibounce counter is incremented otherwise the counter is decremented. If the counter exceeds an adjustable limit, the P000A is set.
Need more help?Get the P000a Volkswagen code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
P000A VOLKSWAGEN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P000a Volkswagen code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks