P0009 Code - Engine Position System Performance Bank 2
|P0009 code possible causes
- Engine mechanical problems
- Incorrect timing chain
- Stretched timing chain
- Failed camshaft actuator or actuator solenoid
|How do I fix the P0009 code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the P0009 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the P0009 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are P0009 code possible symptoms?
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
|P0009 code descriptionThe Engine Control Module (ECM) monitors the position of both camshafts and the crankshaft. The ECM performs a test for misalignment between both camshafts on one bank of the engine and the crankshaft. During the test the ECM learns the position of the camshafts and the crankshaft. While the engine is idling, the ECM compares the position of both the camshafts and the crankshaft with the learned value. The ECM will set the P0008 code if both learned values for one bank of the engine are exceeding a calibrated threshold in the same direction.
|Need more information with the P0009 code?Need more information on how to fix the P0009 code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
|P0009 code information for specific makes
- P0009 BUICK Engine Positions System Performance Bank 2
- P0009 CADILLAC Engine Positions System Performance Bank 2
- P0009 CHEVROLET Engine Positions System Performance Bank 2
- P0009 GMC Engine Positions System Performance Bank 2
- P0009 PONTIAC Engine Positions System Performance Bank 2
- P0009 SATURN Engine Positions System Performance Bank 2
- P0009 SUZUKI Engine Positions System Performance Bank 2
|Need help with a P0009 code?Get the P0009 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|P0009 code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the P0009 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks