C2792 FORD - Power Steering Motor Circuit Short To Battery
- Faulty Power Steering Control Module
- Power Steering Control Module harness is open or shorted
- Power Steering Control Module circuit poor electrical connection
- Intermediate shaft U-joints
- Steering column bearings
- Ball Joints
- Strut bearings
- Steering gear
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C2792 Ford DescriptionThe Power Steering Control Module receives the voltage to ground through the circuit. The Power Steering Control Module sends power to the torque sensor and provides a ground path for the torque sensor. The Power Steering Control Module receives signals from the torque sensor, which is dependent upon the torque being requested by the steering input. The Power Steering Control Module sends varying amperage dependent upon the desired output of the power steering control module. The Power Steering Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Power Steering Motor is not to factory specifications.
Need more help?Get the C2792 Ford code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C2792 FORD CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C2792 Ford code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks