C1860 - Differential Fluid Overheated
C1860 Possible Causes
- Faulty Differential Fluid Temperature Sensor
- Differential Fluid Temperature Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Differential Fluid Temperature Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Differential Assembly
- Faulty AWD Control Unit
How do I fix code C1860Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the C1860 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1860 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1860 DescriptionThe AWD Control Unit monitors the Differential Fluid Temperature. The AWD Control Unit sets the OBDII code when the Differential Fluid Temperature is not to factory specifications.
C1860 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1860 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C1860 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1860 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks