- Faulty Electric Power Steering Control Unit
- Electric Power Steering Control Unit harness is open or shorted
- Electric Power Steering Control Unit circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1608 DescriptionThe Electric Power Steering (EPS) Control Unit performs an arithmetical operation on data, such as steering wheel turning force (sensor signal) from the torque sensor, vehicle speed signal, etc. then it generates an optimum assist torque to the EPS motor according to the driving condition.
- EPS control unit outputs optimum assist torque signal to EPS motor.
- EPS control unit reduces output signals to EPS motor and protects EPS motor and EPS control unit when using power steering continuously and excessively.
- As a fail-safe function, turned off output signal to EPS motor and then enters a manual steering state, if malfunction is detected in EPS system.
C1608 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C1608 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1608 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1608 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks