C1543 TOYOTA - Vehicle Speed Signal Malfunction
- Faulty Vehicle Speed Sensor
- Vehicle Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Vehicle Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Skid Control ECU
- Faulty Power Steering ECU
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1543 Toyota DescriptionThe Power Steering ECU receives vehicle speed signals from the Skid Control ECU via CAN communication. The ECU provides appropriate assisting force in accordance with the vehicle speed, based on the signals. If the ECU detects this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), it adjusts the amount of power assistance for a speed of 100 km/h (62 mph) and continues the system control. The Power Steering ECU monitors the Vehicle Speed Signal. The Power Steering ECU sets the OBDII code when the Vehicle Speed Signal is not to factory specifications.
Need more help?Get the C1543 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1543 TOYOTA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1543 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks