C1297 MERCURY - Wheel Speed Right Front Signal Fault
- Wheel Speed Sensor Ring
- Faulty Wheel Speed Sensor
- Wheel Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Wheel Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module
Tech notesIncorrect tire size or tire pressure can set these DTCs as well. DTCs set in the ignition cycle can only be cleared by cycling the ignition off and on once the fault has been corrected.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1297 Mercury DescriptionThe wheel speed sensor and sensor ring generate a square wave signal to the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module that is proportional to wheel speed. The ABS module compares wheel speed inputs from all wheel speed sensors to determine an impending wheel lockup. The ABS Module monitors the Wheel Speed Sensor. The ABS Module sets the OBDII code when the Wheel Speed Sensor is not to factory specifications.
Need more help?Get the C1297 Mercury code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1297 MERCURY CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1297 Mercury code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks