C1281 - Lateral Accelerometer Circuit Failure
- Faulty Stability Control Sensor Cluster
- Stability Control Sensor Cluster harness is open or shorted
- Stability Control Sensor Cluster circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1281 DescriptionThe yaw rate sensor, roll rate sensor, lateral accelerometer and longitudinal accelerometer are contained in one module called the stability control sensor cluster. The sensor cluster measures the vehicle acceleration, roll rate and yaw rate, then sends the signal through a secondary, dedicated controller area network (CAN2) bus to the ABS module. The ABS module compares the information from the sensor cluster to information it receives from other sensors (brake pedal input or steering wheel rotation sensor) to determine how valid the information is and to determine if a roll-over event is about to occur.
The ABS module provides power to the sensor cluster and ground. The sensor cluster and the ABS module communicate. An open circuit or a short to power or ground on any one of these 4 circuits will cause the ABS module to set a DTC. Also, if the sensor cluster is not mounted in the correct position, with the electrical connector facing the passenger seat, the ABS module will also set DTCs.
C1281 Information for specific makes
- C1281 BUICK VSES Sensors Uncorrelated
- C1281 CADILLAC VSES Sensors Uncorrelated
- C1281 CHEVROLET VSES Sensors Uncorrelated
- C1281 FORD Lateral Accelerometer Circuit Failure
- C1281 GMC VSES Sensors Uncorrelated
- C1281 LEXUS Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Output Malfunction
- C1281 LINCOLN Lateral Accelerometer Circuit Failure
- C1281 MERCURY Lateral Accelerometer Circuit Failure
- C1281 SCION Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Output Malfunction
- C1281 TOYOTA Master Cylinder Pressure Sensor Output Malfunction
Need more help?Get the C1281 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1281 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1281 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks