C1222 - Speed Wheel Mismatch
C1222 Possible Causes
- Wheels or tires mismatch
- Faulty Wheel Speed Sensor
- Wheel Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Wheel Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code C1222?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the C1222 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1222 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1222 DescriptionThe ABS module receives wheel speed readings from each wheel speed sensor and processes this information to determine if an ABS event is necessary. The wheel speed sensor detects the magnetic field of the sensor ring as it passes the face of the active wheel speed sensor.
The active wheel speed sensor generates a signal that is sent to the ABS module. The wheel speed sensor circuitry connects to the ABS module through 2 wires and a connector at each wheel speed sensor. When the ignition is turned to the RUN position, the ABS module carries out a self-test by sending a reference voltage to all of the wheel speed sensors through their circuitry to determine if they are functional.
The ABS module continuously monitors and compares the rotational speed of each wheel and when it detects an impending wheel lock, modulates brake pressure to the appropriate brake caliper. This is accomplished by triggering the hydraulic control unit (HCU) to open and close the appropriate solenoid valves. Once the affected wheel returns to normal speed, the ABS module returns the solenoid valves to their normal position and normal (base) braking resumes.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1222 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- C1222 BUICK Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Is Zero
- C1222 CADILLAC Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Is Zero
- C1222 CHEVROLET Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Is Zero
- C1222 CHRYSLER Brake Pedal Travel Sensor/Brake Pressure Sensor Correlation
- C1222 DODGE Brake Pedal Travel Sensor/Brake Pressure Sensor Correlation
- C1222 FORD Speed Wheel Mismatch
- C1222 GMC Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Is Zero
- C1222 JEEP Brake Pedal Travel Sensor/Brake Pressure Sensor Correlation
- C1222 LINCOLN Speed Wheel Mismatch
- C1222 MERCURY Speed Wheel Mismatch
- C1222 PONTIAC Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor Input Signal Is Zero
Need more help?Get the C1222 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1222 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks