C1218 - Pump Motor Circuit Shorted To Voltage Or Motor Ground Open
C1218 Possible Causes
- Faulty Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV)
- Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)
First diagnose C1218 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the C1218 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1218 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C1218 Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1218 DescriptionThe system relay is energized when the ignition is ON. The system relay supplies voltage to the solenoid valves and the pump motor. This voltage is referred to as the system voltage. The Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) controls each solenoid valve by grounding the solenoid. The EBCM controls the pump motor by grounding the control circuit. The pump serves 2 purposes:
- Transfers brake fluid from the brake calipers to the master cylinder reservoir during pressure decrease events.
- Transfers brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir to the brake calipers during pressure increase events.
C1218 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1218 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
C1218 Information for specific makes
- C1218 BUICK Pump Motor Circuit Shorted To Voltage Or Motor Ground Open
- C1218 CADILLAC Pump Motor Circuit Shorted To Voltage Or Motor Ground Open
- C1218 CHEVROLET Pump Motor Circuit Shorted To Voltage Or Motor Ground Open
- C1218 GMC Pump Motor Circuit Shorted To Voltage Or Motor Ground Open
- C1218 LEXUS SMC2 Circuit
- C1218 SCION SMC2 Circuit
- C1218 TOYOTA SMC2 Circuit
Need more help?Get the C1218 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1218 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1218 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks