- Faulty Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Electronic Control Unit (ECU) (ABS Actuator)
- ABS ECU harness is open or shorted
- ABS ECU circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1217 Toyota DescriptionThe Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) solenoid turns on when signals are received from the ABS Electronic Control Unit (ECU) and controls pressure acting on calipers/wheel cylinders, thus controlling braking force. The ABS ECU sets the OBDII code when the Solenoid is not to factory specifications. The solenoid and solenoid relay is built into the ABS ECU.
Need more help?Get the C1217 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1217 TOYOTA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1217 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks