C1118 GMC - Trailer Brake Control Sensitivity Switch Circuit Malfunction
- Faulty Manual Trailer Brake Apply Request Switch
- Manual Trailer Brake Apply Request Switch harness is open or shorted
- Manual Trailer Brake Apply Request Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Chassis Control Module
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1118 Gmc DescriptionThe trailer brake control system has a control panel with the trailer gain and manual apply switches. The switches are located on the instrument panel to the left of the steering column. The control panel and switches allow you to adjust the amount of output, referred to as trailer gain, available to the electric trailer brakes and allows you to manually apply the trailer brakes. The trailer brake control panel, and switches are used along with the trailer brake display page on the driver information center to adjust and display power output to the trailer brakes.
Need more help?Get the C1118 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1118 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1118 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks