C1044 Possible Causes
- Dirty Right Rear Tone Wheel
- Dirty Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS)
- Faulty Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS)
- Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) harness is open or shorted
- Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Damage Right Rear Tone Wheel
First diagnose C1044 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the C1044 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1044 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C1044 Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1044 DescriptionThe Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module monitors the Right Rear Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS). The ABS Module sets the OBDII code when detects periodic drops of a Right Rear WSS signal.
C1044 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1044 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
C1044 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C1044 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1044 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1044 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks