C1042 JEEP - Right Front Tone Wheel Performance
C1042 JEEP Possible Causes
- Dirty Right Front Tone Wheel
- Dirty Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS)
- Faulty Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS)
- Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) harness is open or shorted
- Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS) circuit poor electrical connection
- Damage Right Front Tone Wheel
How do I fix code C1042 JEEP?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the C1042 JEEP code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C1042 JEEP code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1042 JEEP DescriptionThe Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module monitors the Right Front Wheel Speed Sensor (WSS). The ABS Module sets the OBDII code when detects periodic drops of a Right Front WSS signal.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C1042 JEEP code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the C1042 Jeep code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1042 Jeep code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks