C1006 - Brake Fluid Level Input Circuit Short To Battery Or Open
- Faulty Brake Fluid Level Switch
- Brake Fluid Level Switch harness is open or shorted
- Brake Fluid Level Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C1006 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) provides a reference voltage on the brake fluid level signal circuit through a pull-up resistor that is connected to battery voltage. The Brake Fluid Level Switch switches the brake fluid level signal circuit to ground when the fluid level is low. A diagnostic resistor internal to the switch is placed in parallel with the switch.
C1006 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C1006 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C1006 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C1006 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks