C0890 SATURN - Device Voltage Reference Output 3 Circuit Voltage
- Faulty Brake Pedal Position Sensor
- Brake Pedal Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pedal Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notes- DTC C0890 03: Device Voltage Reference Output 3 Circuit Voltage Below Threshold
- DTC C0890 07: Device Voltage Reference Output 3 Circuit Voltage Above Threshold
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0890 Saturn DescriptionThe brake pedal position sensor is used to sense the action of the driver application of the brake pedal. The brake pedal position sensor provides an analogue voltage signal that will increase as the brake pedal is applied. The Body Control Module (BCM) provides a low reference signal and a 5 V reference voltage to the brake pedal position sensor. When the variable signal reaches a voltage threshold indicating the brakes have been applied, the BCM will apply battery voltage to the stop lamp control circuit illuminating the left and right stop lamps and the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL). The BCM also applies battery voltage to the transmission control module (TCM) and engine control module (ECM) via the brake applied signal circuit.
Need more help?Get the C0890 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0890 SATURN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0890 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks