C0870 - Device Voltage Reference Output Circuit
- Faulty Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS) Powerpack
- Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS) Powerpack harness is open or shorted
- Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS) Powerpack circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0870 DescriptionThe Brake Pedal Position (BPP) sensor provides an analog pedal position signal. Its output is hardwired to the Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS) connector. The signal must be digitized and differentiated within the powerpack controller to provide the necessary pedal rate signal.
The BPP sensor is a resistive sensor with a total resistance between 3,000-5,000 ohms with a maximum current draw of less than 16 ma. The BPP sensor will output an analog signal that is referenced to 5 volts which may increase or decrease monotonically with brake pedal depression. The sensor analog output shall have a specified electrical output over a mechanical range of 32 degrees rotation of the brake pedal pivot. Out-of-range values will be provided outside of the 32 degree range.
The EHPS provides the BPP sensor with 5 volts, actual 4.3 volts, on the 5-volt reference circuit and a ground on the low reference circuit. Rotation of the BPP sensor during brake pedal movement provides the EHPS with a signal voltage from 1-4 volts through the BPP sensor signal circuit. When the control module detects that the BPP sensor signal or 5-volt reference voltage is outside the predetermined range, DTC C0870 is set.
C0870 Information for specific makes
- C0870 BUICK Device Voltage Reference Output Circuit
- C0870 CADILLAC Device Voltage Reference Output Circuit
- C0870 CHEVROLET Device Voltage Reference Output Circuit
- C0870 GMC Device Voltage Reference Output Circuit
- C0870 PONTIAC Device Voltage Reference Output Circuit
- C0870 SATURN Device Voltage Reference Output Circuit
Need more help?Get the C0870 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0870 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0870 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks