C0710 CHEVROLET - Steering Position Signal
C0710 CHEVROLET Possible Causes
- Faulty Steering Wheel Angle Sensor
- Steering Wheel Angle Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Steering Wheel Angle Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
How do I fix code C0710 CHEVROLETCheck the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
- C0710 09: Steering Position Signal Too Fast Transitions
- C0710 0A: Steering Position Signal Too Slow Transitions
- C0710 11: Steering Position Signal High Input
- C0710 18: Steering Position Signal Low Signal Amplitude
- C0710 19: Steering Position Signal High Signal Amplitude
- C0710 42: Steering Position Signal Calibration Not Programmed
- C0710 4B: Steering Position Signal Calibration Not Learned
- C0710 5A: Steering Position Signal Not Plausible
- C0710 71: Steering Position Signal Invalid Data
Cost of diagnosing the C0710 CHEVROLET code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C0710 CHEVROLET code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0710 Chevrolet DescriptionThe steering angle sensor receives a 12 V reference voltage from the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). The EBCM receives high speed controller area network (CAN) message inputs from the steering angle sensor identifying the position and direction of the steering wheel rotation. The EBCM utilizes this signal to calculate the driver intended driving direction.
C0710 CHEVROLET More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C0710 CHEVROLET code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Need more help?Get the C0710 Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0710 Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks