- Faulty Transfer Case Shift Control Module (TCCM)
- Transfer Case Shift Control Module (TCCM) harness is open or shorted
- Transfer Case Shift Control Module (TCCM) circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0550 DescriptionThis is an internal fault detection of the Transfer Case Shift Control Module (TCCM). This fault is handled inside the TCCM. No external circuits are involved.
At each power-up, the TCCM runs a self-test on the following:
- EEPROM Checksum
- ROM Checksum
- RAM Checksum
- RAM Malfunction
C0550 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C0550 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0550 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0550 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks