- Faulty Steering Wheel Angle Sensor
- Steering Wheel Angle Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Steering Wheel Angle Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0461 DescriptionThe steering angle sensor receives a 12 V reference voltage from the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). The EBCM receives high speed controller area network (CAN) message inputs from the steering angle sensor identifying the position and direction of the steering wheel rotation. The EBCM utilizes this signal to calculate the driver intended driving direction.
C0461 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C0461 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0461 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0461 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks