- Faulty Rear Axle Coupling Solenoid Valve
- Rear Axle Coupling Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Rear Axle Coupling Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0408 DescriptionThe rear differential clutch solenoid valve is mounted on the rear of the differential housing. The rear differential clutch control module supplies battery voltage to the control circuit and ground to the low reference circuit of the solenoid valve. The solenoid valve is controlled by a pulse width modulation (PWM) signal. The solenoid valve controls the hydraulic pressure to the clutch package of the limited slip differential. The locking level of the limited slip differential depends on the engagement of the clutch package.
C0408 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C0408 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0408 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0408 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks