C0406 - Transfer Case Solenoid Valve Control Circuit High Current
- Faulty Transfer Case Solenoid Valve
- Transfer Case Solenoid Valve harness is open or shorted
- Transfer Case Solenoid Valve circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0406 DescriptionThe rear drive clutch solenoid valve is internal to the torque transfer device housing. The rear differential clutch control module supplies battery voltage to the control circuit and ground to the low reference circuit of the solenoid valve. The solenoid valve is controlled by a pulse width modulation (PWM) signal. The solenoid valve controls the hydraulic pressure to the clutch package of the torque transfer device. The locking level of the torque transfer device depends on the engagement of the clutch package.
C0406 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C0406 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0406 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0406 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks