- Faulty Front Propshaft Speed Sensor
- Front Propshaft Speed Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Front Propshaft Speed Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesThere is factory service bulletin for the C0305 code. The factory recommends reprogramming the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCOM) to fix the problem.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0305 Gmc DescriptionThe Front Propshaft Speed Sensor is a permanent magnet (PM) generator. The PM generator produces a pulsing AC voltage. The AC voltage level and number of pulses increases as speed increases. The transfer case shift control module converts the pulsating AC voltage to a propshaft RPM which is used for the following functions:
- To monitor the difference between the front and rear propshaft speed
- In the AUTO, or the Adapt mode of operation, to determine the amount of slip and the percent of torque to apply to the front axle
The module accesses this input when the vehicle is in AUTO mode, 4HI, and 4LO ranges. The propshaft RPM can be displayed with a scan tool.
This DTC detects an open, short to ground, short to voltage or faulty sensor.
Need more help?Get the C0305 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0305 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0305 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks