C028A CHEVROLET - Hand Brake Motor Circuit
- Faulty Hand Brake Motor
- Hand Brake Motor harness is open or shorted
- Hand Brake Motor circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notes- C028A 01: Hand Brake Motor Circuit Short to Battery
- C028A 02: Hand Brake Motor Circuit Short to Ground
- C028A 04: Hand Brake Motor Circuit Open Circuit
- C028A 08: Hand Brake Motor Circuit Performance-Signal Invalid
- C028A 28: Hand Brake Motor Circuit Performance-Incorrect Frequency
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C028a Chevrolet DescriptionThe hand brake control module has an internal motor, apply actuator, release actuator, and temperature sensor. The hand brake control module also contains the logic for applying and releasing the hand brake when commanded by the hand brake switch. When the hand brake control module receives a signal from the switch the internal circuit board temperature is checked to verify it is within operating range before the control module performs the requested operation. The hand brake control module will also diagnose the internal hand brake motor circuit to verify it is functioning properly. The hand brake motor circuit is used to command motor operation, apply and release tension on the hand brake cable, which will apply and release the hand brake.
The hand brake will self diagnose the internal Hand brake Motor Circuit. This circuit is used to drive the motor, which pulls on the hand brake cable, ultimately applying and releasing the hand brake.
Need more help?Get the C028a Chevrolet code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C028A CHEVROLET CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C028a Chevrolet code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks