C0278 TOYOTA - Open or Short Circuit in ABS Solenoid Relay Circuit
- Blown Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Solenoid Relay Fuse
- Faulty ABS Solenoid Relay
- ABS Solenoid Relay harness is open or shorted
- ABS Solenoid Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- ABS Actuator (Skid Control ECU)
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0278 Toyota DescriptionThe solenoid relay supplies power to the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) solenoid and TRAC solenoid.
After the ignition switch is turned on, the vehicle speed has reached 4 mph (6 km/h) and the solenoid is determined to be normal by the initial check self- diagnosis, the relay switches on. If any open or short circuits are detected, the relay switches off.
These DTCs may be set if the voltage supply to the solenoid relay (+BS) falls below the DTC detection threshold due to the battery or generator outputs being insufficient.
Need more help?Get the C0278 Toyota code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0278 TOYOTA CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0278 Toyota code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks