C0277 Possible Causes
- Faulty Brake Pedal Position Sensor
- Brake Pedal Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pedal Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose C0277 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
C0277 Tech Notes- DTC C0277 06: Brake Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Short to Ground or Open
- DTC C0277 07: Brake Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Voltage Above Threshold
- DTC C0277 09: Brake Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Rate of Change Above Threshold
- DTC C0277 4B: Brake Pedal Position Sensor Calibration Not Learned
Cost of diagnosing the C0277 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the C0277 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
C0277 Possible Symptoms
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0277 DescriptionThe brake pedal position sensor is used to sense the action of the driver application of the brake pedal. The brake pedal position sensor provides an analogue voltage signal that will increase as the brake pedal is applied. The Body Control Module (BCM) provides a low reference signal and a 5 V reference voltage to the brake pedal position sensor. When the variable signal reaches a voltage threshold indicating the brakes have been applied, the BCM will apply battery voltage to the stop lamp control circuit illuminating the left and right stop lamps and the Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (CHMSL). The BCM also applies battery voltage to the transmission control module (TCM) and engine control module (ECM) via the brake applied signal circuit.
C0277 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the C0277 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
C0277 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C0277 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0277 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0277 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks