C0274 GMC - Excessive Dump/Isolation Time
- Faulty Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV)
- Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) harness is open or shorted
- Brake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV) circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesIf the C0274 code is combined with other codes, fix other codes first.
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0274 Gmc DescriptionThe Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) microprocessor grounds the isolation coil to energize and close the isolation valve. This will prevent any additional brake pressure applied by the driver from reaching the wheel. Further increases in brake pressure will be prohibited. Each isolation valve is closed independently to isolate each wheel. The EBCM microprocessor also uses software subroutine to monitor for any ABS event which would initiate an isolation command. This subroutine is performed every 1.0 second.
Need more help?Get the C0274 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0274 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0274 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks