- Faulty Engine Drag Control (EDC)
- Engine Drag Control (EDC) harness is open or shorted
- Engine Drag Control (EDC) circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0243 Pontiac DescriptionThe Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) sends a Engine Drag Control (EDC) request via a dedicated data line. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) supplies a pull up voltage of 5 volts that the EBCM switches to ground to create the signal. The EBCM receives a serial data message from the PCM indicating that the EDC circuit has failed.
Need more help?Get the C0243 Pontiac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0243 PONTIAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0243 Pontiac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks