C0242 PONTIAC - Engine Control Module Indicated Traction Control Malfunction
- Faulty Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM)
- EBCM Harness is open or shorted
- EBCM Circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0242 Pontiac DescriptionWhen traction control is active, the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). sends a serial data message to the Engine Control Module (ECM) requesting torque reduction. When certain ECM DTCs are set, the ECM will not be able to perform the torque reduction for traction control. A serial data message is sent to the EBCM indicating that traction control is not allowed.
Need more help?Get the C0242 Pontiac code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0242 PONTIAC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0242 Pontiac code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks