- Faulty Yaw Rate Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer
- Yaw Rate Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer harness is open or shorted
- Yaw Rate Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0214 DescriptionThe Vehicle Stability Enhancement System (VSES) is activated when the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) determines that the desired yaw rate does not match the actual yaw rate. The desired yaw rate is calculated from the measured steering wheel position, vehicle speed, and lateral acceleration. With no sensor bias present, a volt signal from these sensors is interpreted by the EBCM respectively as follows:
- Zero yaw rate.
- Zero lateral acceleration.
- Zero longitudinal acceleration.
The sensor bias compensates, during VSES initialization, for sensor mounting alignment errors, electronic signal errors, temperature changes, and manufacturing differences.
C0214 Information for specific makes
Need more help?Get the C0214 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0214 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0214 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks