- Faulty Yaw Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer Sensor
- Yaw Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Yaw Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesDTC C0196 00 Yaw Rate Circuit
DTC C0196 5A Yaw Rate Circuit Plausibility Failure
DTC C0196 3B Yaw Rate Circuit Internal Self Test Failed
DTC C0196 1A Yaw Rate Circuit Bias Level Out of Range
User Submitted Video
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0196 Hummer DescriptionThe yaw rate and the lateral accelerometer sensors are combined into one sensor, external to the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). The vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) uses the lateral accelerometer input when calculating the desired yaw rate. The yaw rate/lat sensor communicates with the EBCM via discrete CAN Bus High and CAN Bus Low serial data circuits.
Need more help?Get the C0196 Hummer code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0196 HUMMER CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0196 Hummer code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks