C0186 GMC - Lateral Accelerometer Circuit
- Faulty Yaw Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer Sensor
- Yaw Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Yaw Sensor/Lateral Accelerometer Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
Tech notesDTC C0186 00 Lateral Accelerometer Circuit
DTC C0186 5A Lateral Accelerometer Circuit Plausibility Failure
DTC C0186 3B Lateral Accelerometer Internal Self Test Failure
DTC C0186 1A Lateral Accelerometer Bias Level Out of Range
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0186 Gmc DescriptionThe lateral accelerometer and the yaw rate sensors are combined into one sensor external to the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). The vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) uses the lateral accelerometer input when calculating the desired yaw rate. The yaw rate/lat sensor communicates with the EBCM via discrete CAN Bus High and CAN Bus Low serial data circuits.
Need more help?Get the C0186 Gmc code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0186 GMC CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0186 Gmc code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks