C0161 SATURN - ABS/TCS Brake Switch Circuit Malfunction
- Faulty ABS/TCS Brake Switch (Stop Lamp Switch)
- ABS/TCS Brake Switch harness is open or shorted
- ABS/TCS Brake Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light ON
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
C0161 Saturn DescriptionThe Stop lamp Switch is a normally open switch, when the brake pedal is depressed the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM) will sense battery voltage. This allows the EBCM to determine the state of the brake lamps.
Need more help?Get the C0161 Saturn code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
C0161 SATURN CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the C0161 Saturn code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks