B3718 - Front Wiper Relay Drive Circuit High
B3718 Possible Causes
- Faulty Front Wiper Relay
- Front Wiper Relay harness is open or shorted
- Front Wiper Relay circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Body Control Module (BCM)
How do I fix code B3718?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B3718 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B3718 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
B3718 DescriptionThe Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the control circuit of the wiper relay. The voltage level should be low while the wiper relay is de-energized and near system voltage when the relay is energized. After the BCM receives a low, intermittent, or mist signal from the wiper/washer switch, it responds by applying battery voltage through the wiper relay control circuit to the coil side of the relay, energizing the wiper relay. The Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets if the BCM detects a short to battery voltage in the wiper relay control circuit.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B3718 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Information for specific makes
- B3718 BUICK Front Wiper Relay Drive Circuit High
- B3718 CADILLAC Front Wiper Relay Drive Circuit High
- B3718 CHEVROLET Front Wiper Relay Drive Circuit High
- B3718 GMC Front Wiper Relay Drive Circuit High
- B3718 PONTIAC Front Wiper Relay Drive Circuit High
- B3718 SATURN Front Wiper Relay Drive Circuit High
Need more help?Get the B3718 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B3718 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks