B2441 - Driver Side Side Crash Sensor Mount Fault
B2441 Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Side Side Crash Sensor
- Driver Side Side Crash Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Driver Side Side Crash Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Air Bag Control Module
First diagnose B2441 code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B2441 code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B2441 code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B2441 Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B2441 DescriptionThe Air Bag Control Module monitors the Driver Side Side Crash Sensor. The Air Bag Control Module sets the OBDII code when the Driver Side Side Crash Sensor is not to factory specifications.
B2441 More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B2441 code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B2441 code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B2441 CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B2441 code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks