B229A MAZDA Code - Occupant Classification System Contamination
|B229A MAZDA code possible causes
- A foreign object within an occupant classification sensor rail
- Faulty Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) System Component
|How do I fix the B229A MAZDA code?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
|Cost of diagnosing the B229A MAZDA code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B229A MAZDA code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair's diagnosis time and labor rates vary by location, vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repair shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
|What are B229A MAZDA code possible symptoms?
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
|B229A MAZDA code descriptionThe Occupant Classification Sensor (OCS) system is used to classify the front passenger seat occupant in the event of a deployable impact.
The Occupant Classification Sensor Module (OCSM) monitors the 2 OCS rails (weight sensors) and circuity for faults. If the OCSM detects an object within the OCS rails, it will store DTC B229A in memory and send a message to the restraints control module (RCM) which sends a message to the instrument cluster (IC) module to illuminates the air bag indicator.
|Need more information with the B229A MAZDA code?Need more information on how to fix the B229A MAZDA code? Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
|Need help with a B229A MAZDA code?Get the B229a Mazda code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
|B229A MAZDA code commentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above helps you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B229a Mazda code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks