B2207 DODGE - Occupant Restraint Controller Internal 1
B2207 DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
- Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B2207 DODGE code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B2207 DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B2207 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B2207 DODGE Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B2207 Dodge DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) performs an internal self test. The repair of this fault condition does not involve any external circuitry and centers on verifying the integrity of the module's internal circuitry and software validity.
When Monitored the ORC checks the status and validity of the internal operating hardware and software at power up during the initialization process, and continuing through the ignition cycle.
Set Condition this Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when a fault is detected internal to ORC hardware and/or software. Once set, this DTC is latched for the entire power cycle. If the same failure is detected in two consecutive power cycles, this DTC is latched active indefinitely.
B2207 DODGE More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B2207 DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B2207 Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B2207 DODGE CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B2207 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks