B1BBC CHRYSLER - Occupant Classification Seat Negative System Weight
B1BBC CHRYSLER Possible Causes
- Damage Passenger Seat Structure, Seat Tracks, or Floor Pan
- An object under seat or rear seat folded down and resting against the passenger seat
- Faulty Occupant Classification Module (OCM)
- Occupant Classification Module (OCM) harness is open or shorted
- Occupant Classification Module (OCM) circuit poor electrical connection
First diagnose B1BBC CHRYSLER code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded terminals.
Cost of diagnosing the B1BBC CHRYSLER code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1BBC CHRYSLER code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
B1BBC CHRYSLER Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1bbc Chrysler DescriptionThe Occupant Classification Module (OCM) monitors the Occupant Classification Seat (OCS). The OCM sets the OBDII code if the module detects a seat weight sensor input with the total seat weight below -6.5 kg +/- 1kg.
B1BBC CHRYSLER More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1BBC CHRYSLER code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1bbc Chrysler code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1BBC CHRYSLER CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1bbc Chrysler code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks