B1B8C DODGE - Driver Seat Track Position Sensor Circuit Performance
B1B8C DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Seat Track Position Sensor
- Driver Seat Track Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat Track Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Classification Module (OCM)
How do I fix code B1B8C DODGE?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1B8C DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1B8C DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1B8C DODGE DescriptionThe Occupant Classification Module (OCM) monitors the Driver Seat Track Position Sensor. If the OCM detects that the Driver Seat Track Position Sensor input is between 8 and 12 mA, the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) will set.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1B8C DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1b8c Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1b8c Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks