B1B54 DODGE - 1st Row Passenger Seat Belt Sensor Circuit Low
B1B54 DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty Passenger Seat Belt Buckle Switch
- Passenger Seat Belt Buckle Switch harness is open or shorted
- Passenger Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
How do I fix code B1B54 DODGE?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the B1B54 DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1B54 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?If the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) detects the passenger seat belt buckle switch circuits have been shorted to ground for 2.5 seconds. The active code will change to stored after the ORC verifies the seat belt switch sense circuit voltage has returned to normal voltage range for five seconds.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1B54 DODGE DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current across the Passenger Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuits every 100 ms to verify the integrity of the switch and wiring. The front seat belt switches cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if ineffective or damaged, the entire front seat belt buckle-half unit must be replaced. The airbag warning lamp will display in the instrument cluster for this fault. While the ignition on and the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) is configured for a Passenger Seat Belt Switch, the ORC checks the switch input current ranges. The ORC monitors the switch input current ranges at power up and continuously every 100ms with the ignition in on.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1B54 DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1b54 Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1b54 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks