B1B53 DODGE - 1st Row Driver Seat Belt Sensor Circuit Shorted Together
B1B53 DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch
- Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
First diagnose B1B53 DODGE code
Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
Cost of diagnosing the B1B53 DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1B53 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the B1B53 DODGE code detected?This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) sets when the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) detects the Driver Seat Belt Switch Sense circuit is shorted to ground or the seat belt switch and seat belt ground circuits become shorted together for more than 2.5 seconds. This DTC transitions from active to stored when the module sees a recovery from the shorted together condition for greater than five seconds.
B1B53 DODGE Possible Symptoms
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1b53 Dodge DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current across the Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuits every 100 ms to verify the integrity of the switch and wiring. The DTC will set if the circuits are shorted together for 2.5 seconds and the code will transitions from active to stored when the current returns to normal range for five seconds. The front seat belt switches cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if ineffective or damaged, the entire front seat belt buckle-half unit must be replaced. The airbag warning lamp will display in the instrument cluster for this fault. The ORC monitors the status of the seat belt switch circuits at power up and every 100 ms thereafter while the ignition is in on.
B1B53 DODGE More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1B53 DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1b53 Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
B1B53 DODGE CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1b53 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks