B1B51 DODGE - 1st Row Driver Seat Belt Sensor Circuit High
B1B51 DODGE Possible Causes
- Faulty Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch
- Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch harness is open or shorted
- Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC)
How do I fix code B1B51 DODGE?Check the "Possible Causes" listed above. Visually inspect the related wiring harness and connectors. Check for damaged components and look for broken, bent, pushed out, or corroded connector's pins.
How much do you know about cars?
Take the AutoCodes.com automotive tests and turbo-charge your car repair knowledge
Cost of diagnosing the B1B51 DODGE code
Labor: 1.0The cost of diagnosing the B1B51 DODGE code is 1.0 hour of labor. The auto repair labor rates vary by location, your vehicle's make and model, and even your engine type. Most auto repairs shops charge between $75 and $150 per hour.
When is the code detected?SHORT TO VOLTAGE: If the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) detects a short to voltage on the Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuits for 2.5 seconds. The active code will change to stored after the ORC verifies the seat belt switch sense circuit voltage has returned to normal voltage range for five seconds. OPEN: If the ORC detects the driver seat belt buckle switch circuits have been open for 2.5 seconds. The active code will change to stored after the ORC verifies the driver seat belt buckle switch sense circuit voltage has returned to normal voltage range for five seconds.
- Air Bag Warning Light ON
B1B51 DODGE DescriptionWhen powered, the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) sends a test current across the Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch circuits every 100ms to verify the integrity of the switch and wiring. The front seat belt switches cannot be adjusted or repaired and, if ineffective or damaged, the entire front seat belt buckle-half unit must be replaced. The airbag warning lamp will display in the instrument cluster for this fault. With the ignition on and the Occupant Restraint Controller (ORC) configured for a Driver Seat Belt Buckle Switch. The ORC monitors the switch input current ranges at power up and continuously every 100ms.
More InformationNeed more information on how to fix the B1B51 DODGE code?
Get Access to Factory Service Manuals
Precautions for SRS “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER” Service
- Never probe the electrical connectors on air bag, side air curtain modules or seat belts.
- Never disassemble or tamper with safety belt buckle/retractor pretensioners, adaptive load limiting retractors, safety belt inflators, or probe the electrical connectors.
- Do not use electrical test equipment to check SRS circuits unless instructed to in this Service Manual.
- Before servicing the SRS, turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes. For approximately 3 minutes after the cables are removed, it is still possible for the air bag and seat belt pre-tensioner to deploy. Therefore, do not work on any SRS connectors or wires until at least 3 minutes have passed.
Need more help?Get the B1b51 Dodge code diagnosed by a professional: Find a repair shop in your area
CommentsHelp us improve AutoCodes.com. Leave a comment below or tell us if the information above help you fix the code. What are the symptoms on your vehicle for the B1b51 Dodge code? Have you replaced any parts?
Any information is appreciated. Thanks